https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3844214717816315756#pageelements

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

About Ruth Post


Little Budding Artist Ruthie


 

Decades have passed since I created this picture in kindergarten. I remember the day like it was yesterday. The warm sun was shining on me as I took a brush full of wet paint and used broad strokes to paint this giant pink flower. I knew at that moment that art was my thing. I have always felt that I was an artist since then. As a child, I loved creating images from my imagination with the art supplies my mom had at home. I was happiest as a kid when I was mixing colors, using sparkly glitter, and playing with play dough.




Now, as an adult, I have my own art studio with lots of easels, brushes, paints, and sparkly things to add to my artworks. I paint whimsical pictures that feel as sweet, happy, and innocent as my childhood memories.  I evolved from making play-dough sculptures as a child into an artist who creates clay sculptures fired in a kiln. My studio in Sedona, Arizona, is a sunny oasis where I paint, sculpt, and sew while watching bunnies, deer, bobcats, birds, and lizards play on the mountains outside the window.


I love being an artist so much that I grew up to be an art teacher. I have spent over 35 years teaching little budding artists the joyful process of making art. It has always been my mission as an art educator to help little artists grow into BIG artists. I maintain an active role in the art education community today.