Encouraging Your Little Budding Artist To Grow
How To Help Yourself Grow As An Artist
Engage & Persist
Stretch & Explore
Understand Art Worlds
Create An Art Studio
Use A Sketchbook
Studio Habits To Develop
- I can improve my art skills through practice.
- I can learn to use and care for the tools, materials, and the art studio.
- I can stay focused, and not give up even when it's difficult.
- I can learn from my mistakes.
- I can come up with with original ideas for my art by using my imagination.
- I can make art about the things that I care about or that express my feelings.
- I can learn to look more closely at things and see their details.
- I can think about my art and the art of others and share my thoughts and suggestions.
- I can do things that my be too difficult for me.
- I can discover new ideas and different ways of working.
- I can learn about artists and what they do in the world.
How To Talk To Your Children About Their Art
Source: Hetland, Lois. Studio Thinking 2: The Real Benefits of Visual Arts Education.
New York: Teachers College Press; Reston, Virginia: NAEA, National Art Education Association, 2013.